Regency Doily

Untitled

The much anticipated doily I alluded to in this post is here! If it's not "much anticipated," just play along. This doily is from the pattern "Regency" No. 7809 from the Star Book No. 78, Television and Radio Scarfs. (This is the same book that I did my "Doily-Along" from!)

Untitled

For the crochet specifics, I used Aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet thread in Dark Royal and Natural, with a 1.65 mm hook. The doily's finished size, which I made 3 motifs by 3, was 13 inches after blocking.

Untitled

The pattern wasn't necessarily hard, just a little more tricky and time consuming, but well worth the effort! I love the look of all the rice stitches! The motifs were joined as you go, which is great too!

Untitled

I love how this came out. The blue looked really nice against the natural color!

I like motif patterns in general because you can make them any size to fit your needs! I got a couple of Japanese motif books for christmas that I can't wait to play around with! (I'm attempting to build some more suspense and anticipation here.)

Are there any other motif lovers out there?

Comments

  1. Just beautiful, Kate. That blue is really gorgeous and looks so lovely with the soft white/cream. Lovely work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! Just beautiful.
    Love, love, love the blue in this and the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts