Christmas Ornament Exchange

Untitled

One of my family's favorite Christmas traditions is watching Claymation Christmas. Until we discovered the long-awaited dvd of the Christmas special a few years ago, we would watch a VHS tape of it that was recorded off the tv. Now if that doesn't show you how much we loved it, I don't know what else to say to bring the point across! So when I was to be involved in a Christmas ornament exchange with my friends, I thought "wouldn't it be cool if I could make the bell from the Carol of the Bells clip, and wouldn't it be even cooler if I could make it hit itself with the mallet?"

Untitled

After some designing, band sawing, painting, fishline and technical help from my dad, it came together!

Untitled

(If I was more tech savy I would have created a little gif to show the bell hitting itself, but I bet if you scroll the above two photos back and forth fast enough it might look like it's hitting itself! Haha!)

Untitled

I was super excited about this ornament. I just love when you have an idea where you think "I hope this works!", and then it does! My friend who got the ornament hadn't seen Claymation Christmas, but I told her how to look up the specific clip. Hopefully she'll get a kick out of it, or maybe she'll just think I'm crazy...

Untitled

My sister, after seeing THIS pin on Pinterest, was inspired to make this ornament of the Abominable Snowman from the more recognizable Christmas movie Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Untitled

Didn't he turn out so cute?! We had a lot of fun making the ornaments, and getting together with friends to exchange them was even more fun. Have you guys ever done an ornament exchange?

Comments

  1. Well, I can see you've been having fun doing an ornament exchange! What a lovely idea! I might just do something along those lines at Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts