Photo-Tuesday (and a little Sunday Smiles)

Untitled

Untitled

Happy Tuesday everyone! Did you guys have a good weekend? I did! My mom and I spent the weekend in NYC with my sister and brother-in-law. We did some shopping, and we saw Cinderella on Broadway! Very fun!

You want to know what else made me smile over the weekend? I found a signed copied of a new Neil Gaiman book, The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains. I can't wait to read it. The illustrations look great as well!

Speaking of books, I also had bought a new book for my kindle for the bus ride down to the city, (any excuse for a new book right?), and not only did I completely enjoy reading it on my ride down, but I was also finding many connections between the book and Cinderella while watching it on Broadway! The book, Balancing Heaven and Earth by Robert A Johnson (I read and loved his book Inner Work on dream interpretation and active imagination), is about balancing an inner and outer world and balancing being and doing, along with being an interesting autobiography! When Cinderella's fairy godmother appeared on stage I immediately thought about the passage I had just read on the subway train about godparents! The author talks about how some people in our life, (whom he refers to as "godparents"), provide us with emotional and spiritual education, which complements the other basic needs provided to us by our parents. After seeing this connection in the play, it was hard not to see Jung related aspects in it as well; I was picking out archetypal characters and could see Cinderella going through the individuation process... (Robert Johnson is a Jungian analyst!) Ah, the role of myth and storytelling and what it can teach us! Being able to enjoy that musical on several different levels, visually, musically, artistically, and thought provokingly was just fabulous.

Anyways! I hope you all are having a great start to your week! And for those who have been doilying-along with me, I'll see you tomorrow!

Comments

  1. I can't believe that it's already Tuesday again! What fun to go to NYC and see "Cinderella". I just love going to musicals and the theatre, especially as Christmas approaches! Sounds as if you've got some good reading on your Kindle as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts