Photo-Tuesday Spotlight Showcase

Untitled

This week's Photo-Tuesday is going to be a little different.  I'm going to show you this really cool storage bench that my dad made as a gift for some friends of ours.

Untitled

He designed it himself to fit into the entryway space and to go with the rest of the furniture and feel of the house.  I think he was spot on.

Untitled

The body of the piece was made with fir, the top in baltic birch, the back and side rails in white cedar, and the diamond (a recurring design element in the house) inlay in mahogany.

Untitled

It has a few details indicative of the mission style furniture that my dad likes.  For example, in the picture above you can see the (decorative) tenons on the side arm and the back rail.

Untitled

This tapered leg is also representative of the mission style.

Untitled

And I'm happy to report that this storage bench or "settee" (the fancier name that replaced the former when it was finished to better represent its character [or at least I think so]), is much loved and being put to good use! 

Comments

  1. Your dad is so talented. This is just beautiful. I have some projects with wood I'd like to work on. I made a 'prototype' of a shelf recently. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish that project soon. But, wow, my project does not compare to this beauty. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Your dad is a gifted craftsman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so good i love it well done Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass along the compliment, thanks!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  4. Wow! Your dad is so talented. I love it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your dad seems to be very talented... love the details! :-) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Well, now I can see where you get your talents from!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts