Personalized Block Set

Untitled

I recently made this set of blocks for a friend to give as a gift to a couple who just had a baby!  The blocks can spell their daughter's full name and birthday, and of course make lots of different designs...

Untitled

The 1.5 inch blocks were made from scrap hickory we had in the wood shop.  Because of this, some of the blocks aren't perfect, but I think it adds to the handmade charm.  I painted and stamped them with acrylic paint and finished them with a non-toxic artist's varnish.

Untitled

I just love the name Esme!

Untitled

And I had way too much fun playing with the blocks once they were done...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I think it'll make a great coffee table piece, and I hope they like it as much as I do!

Comments

  1. I LOVE it, Kate!!! The lucky recipients would have to be crazy not to love it!!! What a brilliant and personal gift. And Esme is such a pretty, old-fashioned name. :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for your friend's baby: a personalized block set! I love the way you're painted different colours on the blocks and all the colourful pattern variations it allows! What fun that baby will have when she's bigger. A gift she will treasure always!
    The name 'Esmé' is of French origin and is a boy's name. 'Esmée' is the female version. But I guess the English version has been changed and lost the accent. It's a very unusual name and has a nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!!
    Esme is one lucky girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kate, this is fantastic. Such a great personalized toy and keepsake. Just look at all those patterns you can create ... wow! Best of all, Esme shares my birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts