Stick Animals

Untitled

In the summer I get to babysit (ok, play with, let's be serious) three of the most creative boys I know.  The other day, with the idea from a Family Fun magazine, we painted some drift wood we found by the lake into animals.

Untitled

Here's a guy with a big red nose.  Eyes were added with paper towel and tape; very resourceful!

Untitled

This one is a rhinoceros with a huge horn.  See the cool face he found in the stick?

Untitled

Here's a ssssssnake!  I never thought the sentence "that snake's so cool" would ever come out of my mouth...

Untitled

And here's my guy that I made by using the stick's knobs and holes for facial features.  After they were done I finished them with some artists' varnish to protect the paint from coming off.

It was a fun little project, and I'm definitely going to keep it in mind, as painted sticks would make fun decorations for a party or something...

Comments

  1. Hey! What fun! Painted sticks! I love them all - kids have such wonderful imagination, don't they?!
    They are all my favourite! I love the way "your guy" has his eyes at different heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and looks like a fun thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!!! I love your babysitting projects, Kate!!! Can you babysit me, please??? ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stick animals. (I want to say the snake is awesome, even though I am afraid of snakes). Very creative all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts